Kia ora! Hope you are all enjoying Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori (Māori Language Week 2023) and even trying out some new kupu!
The feedback on the Charities Healthchecks has been amazing – I pasted an example below, thanks again to the 100 or so of you who inputted on them!
This update email is about “Seed Habits”, a very short little book reflecting on the 9 key principles I’ve learned from the 364 conversations on seeds podcast.
Would you like a copy? I am giving it away to anyone who signs up for the Seeds Impact Conference which currently has 268 people signed up – it is all online on 5th October, with 27 sessions and about 80 panellists and the cost is just $20 or apply for a scholarship (means you get in free) – join us?
- Faumuina Felolini Maria Tafuna’i shares about her session on Pacific Wayfinding today and what she is looking forward to here: https://seedsconference.nz/speakers
- The IOD just published this article which I wrote with Silvia Purdie. Thanks for collaborating on it Silvia!
- Five reasons charities should think about environmental sustainability- https://www.chapterzero.nz/news/imho-five-reasons-charities-should-think-about-environmental-sustainability/
Feedback on healthchecks:
“The board sends their gratitude to you for the incredible mahi you have put into the Guide. At last night’s board meeting they remarked on the braided river metaphor, investment behind it and outcome when we discussed it in last night’s Board Meeting and asked me to pass on their thanks. Thank you.”
I’ve enjoyed being at the Philanthropy NZ conference in Wellington the last few days – recording sessions for seeds to share later, thanks for the opportunity to do that Sue, Lynne, Gin and the team there.
Incorporated Societies note…
Our team is working every day with many many small, medium and very large #Incorporated #Societies to update their rules before the reregistration starts on 5th October.
🌿That period will run for 2.5 years until April 2026. If you don’t reregister you’ll be removed…all 24,000 incorporated societies need to take action. Currently 6,660 are also registered charities.
🌳We have free monthly webinars that have reached about 800 so far attending – info and sign ups is at our information hub which has more than a dozen articles, videos, and how to get our free guide with the 10 things to know. All that is here: https://www.parryfield.com/home/blogs/resources-for-the-incorporated-societies-act-2022/
🌊 We are helping in two main ways:
- Helping #rewrite #rules (we have developed a set of rules which will meet all new requirements) and helping reregister;
- Considering if the entities #should reregister or if instead its best to consider #transitioning to another entity type – such as a charitable trust.
Let me know if you’d like to talk! Or forward on to others.