- Nicola Nation, the CEO of the Ākina Foundation about their work, impact led initiatives, her views on the state of purpose led business and the upcoming world forum in Australia;
- Lisa Foster, the Chief Executive of Rare Disorders NZ who gave us insights into their work and the challenges faced – did you know 1 in 17 of us will be directly affected? She shared the message below and attached as follow up too; and
- I also shared about the changes for Incorporated Societies which are coming up and affect all 23,000 of them (The Information Hub with lots on that is here).
Feel free to forward this on so others know about this cross sector monthly gathering focusing on impact. In July will take a rest from the call as I get the chance to travel overseas to see my Father who is turning 80 – due to Covid haven’t seen him for several years now! I will send out an update email towards the end of July but we can gather again for a call in August. (I was going to try and do the call while on holiday but then I realised – what sort of a model is this of prioritising rest and how important that is too?!).
- Lisa Foster shared as follow up the attached and: “Was great to be part of the impact sector call last week and have the opportunity to raise awareness of the needs of persons with rare disorders in Aotearoa. I have attached the submission we completed to Pae Ora however we were excluded from being a Health Strategy within this bill as the Committee felt we would dilute the very important priority areas. I feel this displays the lack of understanding around the challenges that are certainly health related and a missed opportunity.”
- Justin Stevenson recently shared about the challenges of NFP governance and the lack of feedback loops – here is the IOD article on the topic that he wrote https://www.iod.org.nz/news/articles/four-reasons-not-for-profit-governance-is-hard/#
- Kate Frykberg shared this – a reflection on her well received talk https://kate.frykberg.co.nz/2022/06/07/missteps-and-learnings-for-supporting-maori-aspirations/
- Charities Legal handbook: https://www.parryfield.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Charities-Legal-Handbook.pdf
- Incorporated Societies free sessions coming up – three more – info here: https://www.parryfield.com/resources-for-the-incorporated-societies-act-2022/
- PWC Foundation are doing a survey for NFP CEOs, if you would like to participate let me know and can pass info on…
I came across this quote recently and like it: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou