• Articles
  • Christchurch Earthquake
  • Commercial & Property
  • Employment
  • Family
  • Property
  • Tax
  • Trusts
  • Video Blog
  • Wills & Estates
  • Recent articles:


    act advice building business buying changes charities Christchurch claims commercial lease company contracts court death de facto donations Earthquake employee employment EQC estate family GST home Insurance LAQC law lawyer lawyers lease new zealand problem property redundancy relationship property ridgecrest rights tax tenants terms and conditions trade trial period trustee trusts wills

    Selected topic: Insurance

    Assignment of EQC claims 12 Dec 2016
    The Christchurch earthquakes changed the landscape in many areas of life. One such area is insurance. Prior to September 2010 the words “EQC claim” were never muttered by a Christchurch Read more...
    Lessons learned from the Christchurch Earthquake: Insurance and EQC claims 23 Nov 2016
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do.  Edgar Degas Our experiences over five years ago in Christchurch have unfortunately been brought to life again by Read more...
    Methamphetamine in Properties: What you need to know if you own a property 19 Oct 2016
    The media has been reporting about the increased use of Methamphetamine.  This article outlines how it could affect you! Methamphetamine is a powerful, highly addictive stimulant that affects the central nervous Read more...
    Construction insurance – covering your risks 09 Dec 2015
    Are you in the business of constructing property? Maybe instead your own property needs to be repaired, renovated or rebuilt? Whatever the scenario, ensuring you have adequate insurance in place Read more...
    Substantially the same as new what is the standard of repair required? 21 May 2015
    Where your policy provides that the insurer will repair your home to a condition “substantially the same as new” what does it mean? The case of East v Medical Assurance Read more...
    Commercial Leases – Changes to the Standard Terms 04 Sep 2013
    The ADLS (Auckland District Law Society) Deed of Lease is the document most commonly utilised for commercial tenancies. An updated version (6th edition) has recently been released. The updated lease contains Read more...
    Christchurch Earthquake – Information You Need Before Negotiating With Your Business Insurer 30 May 2011
    If your business suffered damage in the Christchurch earthquakes, negotiating a successful insurance claim will be vital for the viability of your business going forward. We have a free checklist Read more...
    Christchurch Earthquake – What Is Business Interruption Insurance? 10 Mar 2011
    Early in February we started a series of blogs on legal issues that arise from the Christchurch earthquakes.  At that time we did not know that another one was upon Read more...